How to make a bird feeder
(This will help to encourage the birds for your bird survey.)
A celebration of local artist James Kelly's vintage style poster art.
Discuss James' use of Line, Space, Colour, Shape, Texture, Form in his piece of art below, 'Scrabo'.
Inspired by birds: Classical Music Appreciation
Have a discussion about each piece or simply listen and enjoy.
Vaughan Williams- The Lark Ascending
Listen to this beautiful piece of classical music.
What did you hear?; What instruments in particular produced the sound you heard? Did any of the instruments stand out to you?
• How did the music make you feel? Why?
• What did you think about as you listened to this music?
• Do any stories come to mind from your listening?
• After listening to the music, ask “If you were writing the script for a movie using this music, what might the movie be about?”
• Does this music remind you of anything in your life?
• What word best describes this music?
• If the composer were to write a different ending to this piece, how might it sound?
• Would you recommend this piece of music to a friend?
Claudia Winkleman introduces Stravinsky's The Firebird
Task 4 - Birdsong
Can you identify any birds by their song?